Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tales from the Tank #10

Calling Dr. Drew....

I admit I sometimes watch Celebrity Rehab on VH1 with Dr. Drew. Not sure why, but trying to understand how and why people become addicted is educational...and fulfills some voyeristic need I apparently have.

Last night, I realized that my husband is seriously addicted to fish tanks.  He was scrolling craigslist again and found another tank.  He apparently was holding out hope he would somehow still find a larger tank for Matt's - I mean our - Goldfish. 

So last night I responded to the advertisment for him and within a few minutes his cell phone rings.  After a few questions, negotiating the price...OMG....we are now the owners of another fish tank.  This time we did not have to move the fish...just the tank, and all the trimmings.  So last night after quick bites of dinner, here we are again, setting up yet another fish tank.

I finally told him.."WE ARE DONE!".  You have one in just about every room in the house except the bathroom, our bedroom and the kitchen.  Enough!!  "But Honey," he replies, "You could get a mini tank for the kitchen"....by this time all I can do is laugh. He's like a kid in a candy store and seems to enjoy it.  I do enjoy sitting watching them. It's rather peaceful -- not that I need anymore peace and quiet. I seem to recall that is what got us into this mess in the first place. Thank goodness Matt is coming home this weekend.  Maybe he'll talk some sense into us. Jared thinks we've gone off the deep end.  All he could do last night is shake his head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment