Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dog Walking 101

Funny thing happened a few weeks ago.  I was walking Sophie (our Chessapeake Bay Retriever) and we were on our way home from the creek where we were playing in the water with a tennis ball and a 30 foot lead. (She a bit afraid of the water- which Terry says is my own fault).  Anyway, on the way home, the last thing you want to do with an 75 pound dog is stop - turn her head to the squirrel sitting six feet away and say - "Sophie, see the squirrel?" To which any red blooded dog would reply with a "Yep" and promptly take off. Pulling their innocent, unsuspecting owner down to the ground in a beautiful bellyflop (which would have gotten a 10 from the swim judges at the local high school).

Thank goodness she was on a 30 foot lead...otherwise typing this blog would be impossible with just one hand/arm...which she practically yanked out of my shoulder.

Oh...and did I tell you we live on a busy street and I was a block from home, laying in the neighbors yard?
Yep...that was me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment