Monday, November 8, 2010

Terry & Barb decide on a Hobby

So, with all our new found "free time", Terry sits in front of the computer crawling "craigslist" to see what we should buy. A camper (been there done that). A motorcyle (ok, but then you can't take anyone with you to the games). A dunebuggy (we don't live near a beach). Or something else? Four Wheelers, riding lawn mower. There was even a day on the way home from Pella, he tried to talk me into a tractor. Yes a tractor. I said, It won't fit in the yard, and I already have one for my Farmville Farm, so NO.

So, now we have to back track to when Matt left for school. I have been given the duty of taking care of the 10 gallon fish tank with three goldfish (raised from teeny tiny little things) and six snails. Then the worst of things happened. Snails started dying. OMG...I told Terry, "I have failed as a fish caregiver".  So we started asking questions at the local pet store (yes...you know the one - PET SMART).  Apparently gold fish are the dirtiest little fish around so they tend to poison snails.  Then the snails die and the goldfish now have a "snack".  So I had to break the news to Matt that the snails died and he says "Oh Well".

Then low and behold...one of our friends posted on Facebook...she was getting a new 75 gallon fish tank and needed to sell her old one.

Terry and I are now the proud owners of a 40 gallon fish tank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment